Tree Pruning, Tree Trimming, Tree Cutting
A well-maintained tree is a happy tree. Proper tree care is an investment that can lead to substantial, lifelong returns. Well-pruned trees are attractive and can add considerable value to your property. Neglected trees, on the other hand, can be a major liability. Regular tree pruning is a preventative measure that will lead to less storm damage, an increase in the sale value and safety of your property, and zero sleepless nights (at least on account of your greenery.) Taking a proactive approach to tree trimming helps to reduce expensive and unexpected storm calls in the future.
Tree pruning is a delicate matter. It is a process best left to a professional arborist, as it demands an understanding of plant structure, biology, and aesthetics. Each individual species of tree has a preference as to how often it should be pruned and during what season. For example, it is best to never prune oak trees in the warmer months as they can be susceptible to oak wilt, a fungus takes advantage of weak spots in the tree and eventually kill it. This fungus is dormant during the winter months, making it the ideal time to prune oaks.
Mallon Tree Service is extremely knowledgeable in the finer points of tree pruning. Our professionals will take the time to discuss with you the best way to approach trimming your trees to ensure their beauty and safety for many years to come.
Tree pruning may consist of, but is not limited to:
- Removal of limbs that may interfere with roofs, buildings, gutters, windows, and siding, driveway and sidewalk clearance
- Removal of dead or weak limbs that pose a safety risk
- Reduction in chance of catastrophic tree failure in old age
- Eliminating branches that rub together
- Removing diseased limbs that may cause greater issues for the entire tree
- Improving the shape and outline of the tree to improve aesthetic value
- Guiding young trees in the proper direction for each individual landscape
- Thinning the tree to allow more sunlight to shine through